Matcha Bliss Balls – Adding matcha green tea to these bliss balls makes a healthy snack and an energy boost.
Bliss balls are always a favorite healthy snack in my family. By adding Japanese matcha tea powder to them, it takes them to another level and turns them into a energy boosting treat! Matcha Bliss Balls for the win!
I’ve recently been introduced to matcha tea by the folks at www.yourtea.com who just added this amazing green powder to their growing list of healthy teas and I’m loving it!
“Matcha tea is green tea…at its best!”
It’s made from the actual whole green tea leaves and ground into a fine powder, rich in antioxidants so it’s actually more powerful than the usual cup of steeped green tea leaves. You are consuming the entire green tea leaf with matcha tea!
On to the goodies…
I made these bliss balls for an afternoon snack for my husband who has been happily enjoying them!. He’s always looking for his afternoon pick-me-up and these really fit the bill!
And they’re nutritious, sweet enough and hearty enough to meet his craving needs!
Made with a few healthy ingredients
- Coconut oil
- Matcha tea powder
Now how good is that?! A great and healthy alternative to a coffee break for an energy boost!
Here is the recipe:
Matcha Bliss Balls
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 12 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3 teaspoons matcha tea powder
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- *additional finely chopped almonds and/or shredded coconut for rolling
- *additional matcha tea powder for sifting over the bliss balls
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor with the metal S blade
- Process until combined and clumped together
- Remove from processor and form into 12 equal balls
- Roll in either shredded coconut, or finely chopped almonds
- OR sift matcha tea powder over the balls
- Put in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for whenever the need arises!
Adapted from: Downshiftology
A couple other sweet treats to check out on VK
Mini Chocolate Walnut Freezer Fudge Bites
Please let me know if you made these Matcha Bliss Balls or would like to give them a try. Let me know in the comments below – I’d love to hear from you!
Leave a Reply