Just 5 tasty ingredients make these addicting Raspberry Coconut Truffles!
Chocolate Covered Raspberry Coconut Truffles
When Life Gets Complicated
So, I’ve been thinking…it’s like things can get really complicated in life and sometimes that really gets to me. Do you ever feel that way?
The other day, I was really stressing out because, for one thing, the stupid internet kept going out. It’s like that where I live – the internet signal is in and out all day long. It’s a constant battle not to get totally frustrated!
Well, this happened when I was writing a blog post and you know what happened when the internet went out? I lost everything I had done and I had to start over! Is that crazy or what?!
Luckily, I didn’t totally lose it (my peace, that is), but I was definitely on the brink of it. Somehow, I managed to take a few deep breaths as my frustration was welling up, and decided to just take on the challenge and start over.
Later that day, my husband and I went out for a beer and I was telling him about my day and frustrations. As I was talking to him I was watching someone on a local path walking their dog. I started telling him that sometimes I just feel like getting a dog, taking it for walks in nature, living simply and just doing chill things – forget about stress! Do you ever feel like that?
Enter Raspberry Coconut Truffles
Well, one of the reasons I’m going on about this, is that I made these little chocolate covered raspberry coconut truffles (that’s a mouthful!) and you know what? They have only 5 ingredients! S-I-M-P-L-E but so tasty! That’s what I like – simple but still yummy and actually even healthy! That’s my kind of recipe – especially lately!
Life can be complicated sometimes and it was very refreshing to make these simple little yum balls with fresh raspberries that just happened to be on sale this week. I love the combo of chocolate and raspberry – it’s one of my favorites.
So, I hope this recipe for these chocolate covered raspberry coconut truffles helps you to make a treat that brings some deliciousness to your taste buds, some simplicity to your life and a little touch of specialness that you can share with your family and friends.
Here is the Recipe:
Raspberry Coconut Truffles
- *Truffle Filling*
- 1 cup coconut butter NOT coconut oil
- 1 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- *For The Chocolate*
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- *First thing* If your coconut butter is hard, put the jar in a pot or bowl of hot water to let the coconut butter soften for about 15 minutes before you start.*
- Put your truffle filling ingredients, the coconut butter, the raspberries and the maple syrup together in a food processor with the S-blade and process until smooth and well blended (you may need to stop and scrape the sides a couple times)
- When the filling is done, scoop out balls with a small ice cream scoop onto a parchment paper lined pan and put those in the freezer
- Give them at least 15-30 minutes to firm up well
- When you remove the balls from the freezer, stick a toothpick in the top of each of them for dipping purposes
- Melt your chocolate chips/almond milk mixture in a metal bowl over a pot of simmering water - NOT allowing the bowl to touch the water. Keep stirring as they are melting until you get a very smooth consistency and then turn off the heat
- Take each frozen ball and dip in the melted chocolate using a spoon to help get them completely covered
- Place each chocolate coated ball back on a parchment lined pan, remove the toothpicks and put them all in the freezer for an hour or so
- After they're frozen, remove from the pan and put in an airtight container and store in the freezer.
- Remove from freezer a few minutes before serving
- Makes approximately 24 truffles
Recipe inspired by mywholefoodlife.com