This Almond Silk Mousse is a rich, tasty and very simple mousse to prepare and serve in your favorite glasses as a special dessert.
Tasty Almond Silk Mousse
Simple. Did I say simple?
This Almond Silk Mousse is very simple and quick to prepare. What takes a little longer is the chilling time. It has to chill for a couple hours or so to firm up and be true to its name – mousse. This is a perfect make ahead dessert that isn’t gonna take you all day in the kitchen – hooray!!
One of the things that makes a simple dessert special is your presentation. You could just plop it in any old bowl and shove it in front of someone and say “here’s your dessert”. But we wouldn’t be that crude and rude would we? Of course not.
Have Fun With It
With a dessert like this Almond Silk Mousse it would be fun for you to consider what kind of pretty serving dishes, cups, parfait glasses, etc. that you might have to make it a special dessert. We tend to eat first with our eyes, so presentation is really important.
That’s why we all love food photography, because someone takes the time to find the right plate, bowl, jar, etc. to make it look extra special so you’ll say “I want that right now!” or “that’s too beautiful to eat” but we all know that when you get right down to it, you’ll have no problem eating it. Lol!
A couple suggestions for serving it are parfait style with alternating layers of mousse and sweetened whipped coconut cream and even some banana slices or just topped with a dollop of sweetened whipped coconut cream and topped with dark chocolate crumbles and chopped almonds.
So here is the recipe, humble and simple, prepared with silken tofu, almond butter and coconut sugar that’s truly a delight to your taste buds.
Almond Silk Mousse
- 2 12.3 oz . containers of Firm Silken Tofu rinsed and drained NOT extra firm
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tablespoons roasted almond butter
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 5 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 pinches or 3 tiny of salt
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor with the S blade
- Blend until completely smooth
- Transfer into a container and cover
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving
Inspired by: Coconut and Berries