Creamy cannellini beans are the base of this colorful and delicious White Bean Sun-Dried Tomato Spread.
Seriously though, this spread is a nice change from the usual hummus made with garbanzo beans. Cannellini beans, also known as white kidney beans, have a nutty taste and a creamy consistency so they’re a good choice for a spread or dip.
Besides the beans and the sun-dried tomatoes, marinated artichokes, Kalamata olives and oven roasted garlic are some of my favorite ingredients that round out the flavors of this white bean spread.
Today I had mine on slices of baguette and my son and husband smeared some on their morning bagels.
Next time, I’m gonna make a double batch, because it disappeared so fast here in my house! I didn’t even get a chance to dip a veggie stick in it. I guess that’s a good thing though!!
Here is the recipe:
White Bean Sun-Dried Tomato Spread
- **Prepare some roasted garlic ahead and have available the refrigerator**
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans rinsed
- 4 - 5 jarred artichoke hearts in oil
- 12 cloves roasted garlic
- 2 T sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 - 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1 - 2 T oil from either the sun-dried tomatoes or artichokes
- 12 Kalamata olives cut 1/2 the long way and sliced in thirds + a little more for garnish
- 1 T sun-dried tomatoes chopped + a little more for garnish
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Put the first 7 ingredients in a food processor with the steel S blade
- Process until the mixture is a smooth consistency
- Stir in the chopped kalamata olives and chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- Garnish with a few chopped kalamata olive and sun-dried tomato pieces
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley
- Serve as a spread or a dip
- Yields: approximately 1 1/2 cups
I hope you enjoy this tasty spread as much as we did!