These Banana Bites are a healthy and delicious snack for kids and adults with only 5 simple ingredients.
Sometimes the simple things in life or in food, are actually the best. This is the case with these quick and easy to make fresh little banana bites.
I know that I usually have bananas on hand and you probably do too. Right now they seem to still be very available which I’m very thankful for!
This is a good way to dress them up and use them to make a special treat for kids and adults alike!
All you need:
- Tahini (or other seed or nut butter)
- Maple Syrup (or other liquid sweetener of your choice)
- Dried cranberries, dried cherries or raisins. (I prefer the dried cranberries or dried cherries for the tartness though!)
Making these Banana Bites
- In a bowl, combine tahini and maple syrup and stir together.
- Slice a banana into 3/4″ wide round slices or “coins”.
- Spread the sweet tahini mixture onto each round and top with a piece of raw walnut.
- Top with either dried cranberries, dried cherries or raisins.
This snack is something so easy that the kids can help make them. I’m sure that’s helpful any time, but especially now while they’re at home and out of school! And I’m quite sure they’ll happily devour these little finger licking goodies – with washed hands of course!
So glad you stopped by. Please don’t be a stranger!
I hope you and the kids enjoy this simple recipe. I’d love it if you would leave a comment below and a star rating would be greatly appreciated!
Other Kid Friendly Sweet Treats
Mini Chocolate Walnut Freezer Fudge Bites
Tahini Maple Banana Bites
- 2 bananas
- 2 Tbsp tahini, or other seed or nut butter
- 1 ½ tsp maple syrup
- 8 walnut halves, each broken in 3 pieces
- 24 dried cranberries, can substitute dried cherries or raisins
- In a small bowl, stir together the tahini and maple syrup.
- Slice a fresh banana in approximately ¾ inch rounds or "coins" - you should get about 12 from one large banana.
- Spread the tahini/maple syrup mixture on to each round and top with a piece of walnut and a dried cranberry, dried cherry or raisin.
- Place the banana bites on a plate, dig in and enjoy!
- When sliced, each large banana should yield about 12 rounds. The calculated serving size and calorie count is for 3 rounds per person. But, you may not be able to stop eating them - enjoy!
Leave a Reply