Healthy Apple Almond Overnight Oats are the perfect portable grab and go breakfast, snack or simple, quick & delicious breakfast at home.
I haven’t made overnight oats, aka soaked oats, in like forever! and I had almost forgotten how good they are and so easy to make.
Are you a fan of sweet breakfasts or savory? I have to admit that I usually eat a savory breakfast, but it’s really nice to change things up. And these Apple Almond Overnight Oats are so good. They’re full of fiber and a healthy breakfast option especially if you’re in a hurry.
- Quick to make
- Convenient for on the go
- Good for you
- Tasty and satisfying – yup
It seems like they meet all the criteria for a delicious, healthy and very convenient breakfast or snack.
The ingredient list couldn’t be simpler for these healthy overnight oats –
- regular old-fashioned rolled oats, NOT quick oats
- vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 of an apple, grated
- a little pure vanilla and pure almond extracts
- a pinch of salt and
- honey to sweeten (agave, maple syrup or sugar for vegan option)
Just mix all the ingredients together, liquids first, and then the oats and apple, stir and set your covered jar in the refrigerator overnight.
For a vegan sweetener option sweeten with agave, sugar, maple syrup or any other vegan sweetener of your choice.
How long do overnight oats keep?
Overnight oats will keep for about 2 – 3 days in the refrigerator. They are at their best quality though, if eaten within 12 – 24 hours.
Mason jars are a good choice to make them and store them in, but not necessary if you don’t have any. Just make sure that they are in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
Can overnight oats be heated?
If you prefer to eat your oats warm, just heat them in the morning in a microwave. If you don’t have a microwave or prefer not to use one, just add your oats to a small pot and heat on the stovetop, stirring until it’s as warm as you like it.
You can then add any toppings like fruit and nuts and enjoy!
So, if you want a breakfast or snack that’s delicious and easy to make ahead, these overnight oats fill that bill for sure. Whether you eat them at home or take them with you, they’re totally satisfying.
They’re perfect for busy mornings, they’re economical and they’re a healthy alternative to stopping to buy a breakfast sandwich or fast food fix on the way to wherever you’re going.
AND…they’re totally portable – just top them with some fruit and nuts, put on a lid and you’re good to go.
Don’t forget to bring a spoon!
Here is the recipe:
Healthy Apple Almond Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tbsp old-fashioned rolled oats, NOT quick oats
- 3/4 cup plus 3 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 apple, skin on, grated
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 Tbsp honey, (agave, maple syrup or sugar for vegan option)
- a tiny pinch of salt
- almonds, chopped
- fresh fruit of your choice
- Add almond milk, honey, vanilla extract, almond extract and a pinch of salt to a 12 oz. glass jar - like a Mason jar.
- Stir these ingredients together until mixed well
- Add in the old-fashioned rolled oats and the grated apple and stir well until combined with the liquid
- Cover the jar with a lid and place in the refrigerator overnight or at least 6 hours
- When you're ready to eat your overnight oats, remove the lid from the jar and top the oat mixture with chopped almonds and fresh fruit of your choice OR spoon all the ingredients into a bowl and add toppings and enjoy.
*Please note that the nutrition information provided is just a close estimate using an online nutrition calculator. It shouldn’t be considered a substitute for professional advice.*
Inspired by: Rolled Oats
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how these Healthy Apple Almond Overnight Oats turned out for you or if you’re thinking about making them – a comment and a rating below would be greatly appreciated. I’d love to hear from you!