Chopped Medjool dates in a creamy cashew spread flavored with fresh orange, vanilla and a little maple syrup is hard to resist in this Creamy Cashew Date Spread!
So guys, I’m really not the bragging type, (well maybe once in a while), BUT this Creamy Cashew Date Spread is the bomb dot com!
I recently used the cashew spread base for my savory Herb Cashew Spread. Well, not only is the base good savory but it is also great sweet.
Enter Creamy Cashew Date Spread
I wanted to make a vegan version of a cream cheese and date spread that I used to like. Well all I can say is – See you later cream cheese but stick around Medjool dates!
I love how soft and creamy fresh Medjool dates are and with the creamy consistency of the cashew spread, it’s like a marriage made in heaven.
I made an awesome Vanilla Orange Bread just for the occasion of spreading it on it. That was a good choice! Dates, cashews, orange and vanilla are a great combination. I’ll post the bread recipe later this week. I think you’ll love it.
So, don’t forget to soak your cashews in water overnight. I think it’s such an important key to the creaminess of this spread.
Here is the recipe:
Creamy Cashew Date Spread
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews soaked in water overnight
- 3 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- a pinch of salt
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 probiotic capsule emptied and gel cap thrown away
- 1/2 cup chopped Medjool dates
- **Soak your cashews in water overnight**
- Put all the ingredients EXCEPT THE DATES in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy
- Scrape the cashew blend out into a bowl and stir in the dates
- Place a small sieve or colander over a bowl and line it with cheesecloth that extends over both sides
- With a rubber spatula, scrape the mixture into the center of the lined colander and cover with one side of the cheesecloth and then the other.
- Place in the refrigerator like this overnight
- The next day, transfer the spread to a bowl or container and eat on toast, cake, oatmeal or whatever sounds good!
- Refrigerate in a container with a tight fitting lid