Smoky Spicy Black Eyed Pea Hummus
Easy to make smoky spicy hummus recipe seasoned with chipotle peppers & smoked paprika - ready in just 15 minutes.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 4 - 1/3 cup
- 1 15 oz. can black eyed peas
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika (add more to taste if you want a smokier taste)
- 1/2 to 1 chipotle pepper from a can with adobo sauce, start with 1/2 and add more if you'd like it spicier
Add all the ingredients to a food processor. Process until smooth about 2 -4 minutes depending on preferred consistency. (scrape sides as necessary)
Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
For spicier hummus, add more chipotle pepper and adobo sauce.
- This recipe makes about 1 1/2 cups of hummus.
- Garnish the hummus with fresh chopped parsley and smoked paprika
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 73kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 343mg | Potassium: 51mg | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 3.6mg | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 0.8mg