Olive Tapenade – flavorful and delicious, is quick and easy to make using fresh herbs, kalamata olives and pimento stuffed manzanilla olives.
This super flavorful Olive Tapenade is an olive lover’s delight! Fresh herbs and a touch of lemon juice add a bright and addictive flavor.
This Olive Tapenade was such a hit at our family get-together over the weekend. The olive lovers spoke and gave this recipe a thumbs up!
Since I was a little girl, I’ve always loved olives. When I was in high school, many moons ago, one of my favorite snacks was green olives and saltine crackers.
I used to stay up late with my night-hawk mom, and watch the Johnny Carson Show and eat crackers and olives. Crazy right? Luckily, I’ve slowed down on that and don’t do it anymore – salt overload for sure!
So, now that I have my own kids, guess what? They all love olives too and they probably would do what I did, on occasion! Guess it’s in the genes or something.
I’m always amazed when people don’t like olives and I’ve lived around some of those olive haters. I guess olives are some of those things you either love or hate. Not everyone is like me and my family!
So, if you happen to be an olive lover…
This tapenade is so quick and easy to make and it’s so delicious.
Try this olive tapenade:
- on crackers
- slices of baguette or toast
- cucumber slices
- as a sandwich spread
- a salad topping
- or even as a side condiment
It’s perfect to bring some to a potluck, picnic, party, any get-together to share with your friends. The bowl will be empty when it’s over – guaranteed!
Here is the Olive Tapenade recipe:
Delightful Olive Tapenade
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, check for pits and remove if any
- 1/2 cup Green Manzanilla olives with pimento
- 1-2 tsp capers, drained
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 T fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 - 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 T olive oil
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor with the metal S-blade
- Pulse to chop
- then process until the tapenade is the consistency you want
- You can either chill it for later or eat it right away!
- The tapenade should keep in the fridge for at least a week
- YIELD: Approximately 1 cup of olive tapenade
Inspired by: Olives