Tabouli Salad Recipe
Quick, flavorful Tabouli Salad recipe made with fresh herbs, vegetables and bulgur in 30 minutes.
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 6 cups
- 1 cup dry bulgur wheat
- 1 ½ cups boiling water
- 1 cup fresh parsley, large stems removed and chopped small, I used curly leaf parsley
- ½ cup green onions (scallions), chopped with green tops
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped small
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves, pressed or grated on a microplane
- 1 cup cucumber, diced, (optional) Persian or English variety have less seeds
While the bulgur is soaking, prepare the vegetables and the dressing.
Chop parsley, mint, green onions (scallions) with green tops, dice tomatoes and peel the garlic.
In a separate bowl, combine the olive oil, the fresh lemon juice and the pressed or grated fresh garlic and whisk together.
After the bulgur is finished soaking, add it to a large bowl and add the parsley, mint, green onions, diced tomatoes, salt and pepper and stir together.
OPTIONAL: 1 cup diced cucumber can be stirred in at this time if using.
Pour in the olive oil, lemon juice and garlic combination and stir all together to combine.
The Tabouli Salad can be eaten right away or covered and stored in the refrigerator to chill.
- Cucumbers, preferably the less seedy varieties, like English or Persian, are an optional addition. Cucumbers are not included in the nutrition calculation.
- Flat leaf parsley can be substituted for curly leaf parsley.
- Use ripe but firm tomatoes so there are less juices than when using soft ones.
- Tabouli Salad can be eaten right away after preparing or can be refrigerated and eaten chilled. It gets better as the flavors have time to meld.
- It will stay fresh for 2 days if refrigerated and kept in a container with a tight fitting lid.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 288mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1290IU | Vitamin C: 25.1mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 1.5mg