Nutty Banana Chia Pudding
Easy to make vegan Banana Chia Pudding that's perfect for a simple healthy dessert, grab and go snack or breakfast.
Total Time 15 minutes
Banana Chia Pudding
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, 2 for the pudding and more for middle layer and topping slices
- a couple pinches of salt
Maple soaked walnuts
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, broken into smaller pieces
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- a couple pinches of salt
First the Maple Soaked Walnuts
Add the walnut pieces to a jar with a tight fitting lid.
Mix together the maple syrup, vanilla, the cinnamon and a couple pinches of salt and pour over the walnut pieces in the jar.
The maple syrup liquid will pool in the bottom of the jar, so shake the jar frequently or flip it over regularly so that all the nuts will have a chance to be soaked in the maple syrup.
For Banana Chia Pudding
Pour the chia seeds into a large enough bowl to mix with the other ingredients.
Add the unsweetened almond milk, the vanilla, maple syrup, a couple tiny pinches of salt and the cinnamon.
Next, thoroughly mash 2 ripe bananas on a separate plate and add to the mixture
Whisk or stir everything together very well to combine. Let sit for a few minutes and whisk again, cover with plastic wrap or covering of your choice and place in the refrigerator.
Refrigerate for at least one to 2 hours to thicken or even overnight.
When the Banana Chia Pudding is chilled, remove from the refrigerator and start putting your jars or glasses together.
For 4 servings, layer in this way: first add 5 - 6 Tbsp of the chia pudding to the bottom of your jar or glass, then add a layer of sliced bananas and 1 Tbsp of the maple soaked walnuts, then, on top of that, add another layer of the chia pudding and finally top that with slices of banana, another 1 Tbsp of the maple soaked walnuts and other fresh fruit if desired. Do this for each portion. Serve and enjoy!
- This recipe makes 3 cups of Banana Chia Pudding before the layers - so you may end up with a little extra leftover.
- 2 ripe mashed bananas are used in the Chia Pudding and you will need another 1 or 1 1/2 bananas for the middle layer and topping.
- The maple soaked walnuts make 1/2 cup. So for 4 portions you need 1 Tbsp of nuts for the middle layer and 1 Tbsp of nuts for the top of each Chia Pudding.
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 171mg | Potassium: 547mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 57IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 348mg | Iron: 2mg