Raw Vegan Lime Avocado Dessert Tart
Rich and creamy no-bake avocado dessert with a pecan and date crust.
Servings 8 slices
For the Crust
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cup Medjool dates, chopped, about 8 dates
For the Filling
- 1 - 1 1/2 ripe avocados
- 2 - 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 Tbsp agave, or more to taste
- 1/2 - 3/4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp lime zest and a little more to sprinkle on top
For the Crust
Put the dates and pecans in a food processor with the metal S blade and pulse to break them down some. Then process until well blended and the mixture starts to clump together
Lightly brush the tart pans with coconut oil. I used two 5" diameter tart pans, 1" deep with removable bottoms so it's easier to remove the tart from the pan once it's frozen
Add about 1/2 cup of the crust mixture to each of your tart pans. Press the mixture into the tart pans, starting at the center. This will begin to press the crust up the sides a little too.
When the bottom crust is evenly pressed, then you can work at getting the edges filled by pressing gently at the bottom of each flute (or scalloped edge) until the mixture fills them.
For the Avocado Lime Filling
In the food processor with the metal S blade, or a high speed blender, add the ripe avocado, lime juice, agave, coconut oil and lime zest and process until smooth
Pour the filling into the crust in the 2 little tart pans and sprinkle the top with a little more lime zest
Cover and freeze until firm, a minimum of 2 hours - even overnight
Take out about 10 minutes before cutting to slightly thaw and make easier to cut
- If you don't have small tart pans with removable bottoms, small spring form pans will work or small pie pans, or even muffin tins.
- When using a pan without a removable bottom, be sure to carefully remove the tarts from the pan while frozen and firm so they won't break apart.
- Best eaten partially frozen or the filling will become too soft and pudding-like.
- Store leftovers in the freezer.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 437mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 110IU | Vitamin C: 9.1mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.6mg