Easy Healthy Coleslaw
Dressing is light on mayonnaise but is still full of flavor for this quick and easy to make healthy coleslaw.
Servings 6 people
- 1/2 head green cabbage, shredded or cut very thinly with a sharp knife
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, shredded or cut very thinly with a sharp knife
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 6 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp agave more if desired, can substitute honey if not vegan
- 4 Tbsp milk or half and half, can substitute plant based milk
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise, vegan mayonnaise for vegan
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp celery seed
- 1/2 tsp onion granules or onion powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
Combine all the dressing ingredients in a bowl.
Whisk or stir together well.
Add to a jar with a tight fitting lid and refrigerate until ready to use.
Shake well before adding to coleslaw.
Refrigerate any leftover dressing.
Very thinly slice or shred 1/2 head of green cabbage and 1/4 head of purple cabbage. Cut the slices in half, thirds or even fourths. This is personal preference for the size of cabbage shreds you want for your coleslaw.
Grate one large carrot.
Toss the cabbages and the carrot together in a large bowl.
Add the dressing a little at a time, tossing together with tongs or a couple of large spoons and taste. Add as little or as much dressing as you like. Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator
- This amount of coleslaw dressing is a generous topping for a coleslaw made with 1/2 large head of shredded green cabbage, 1/4 head of shredded purple cabbage and 1 large grated carrot.
- Add a little of the dressing at a time and mix in with a wooden spoon or tongs to get just the right amount on your coleslaw.
- Makes a little over 1 cup of dressing.
- Store any leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 88kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 277mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2485IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg