Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
This Creamy Butternut Squash Soup is a tasty blend of squash and other seasonal roasted vegetables.
Servings 4 - 2 cup servings
- 2 medium/large butternut squash, sliced in half the long way and then in half again - remove seeds
- 2 - 3 large carrots, cut in big chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in half, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 large garlic BULB, cut in half across the center at the fullest part
- 1 large shallot, cut in half, skin removed
- olive oil to drizzle over the veggies
- 1 can regular coconut milk (13.66oz.)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (if you like it SPICY) - optional
Preheat your oven to 425F degrees
On a large baking sheet, spread out the quartered butternut squash, halved red bell pepper, garlic, shallot, carrot chunks and drizzle each ingredient with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
Roast all together in the oven on the baking sheet for 45 - 60 minutes until the squash and veggies are fork tender
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and scoop out the cooked squash and discard the skins. Add the squash and the other vegetables to a high speed blender and add the liquids and OPTIONAL red pepper flakes. Blend until completely smooth and creamy.
Pour this blended mixture into a heavy bottom soup pot and bring to a simmer, season to taste with salt and pepper and ENJOY!
- If the soup is too thick for your liking, add more vegetable broth to get your preferred consistency and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Also, if you don't have a high speed blender, add all the ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and creamy.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Sodium: 752mg | Potassium: 418mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 7520IU | Vitamin C: 41.8mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 3.5mg