A tasty salsa that is brimming with flavor and quick and easy to make.
Servings 4 cups
- 1 28 oz . can whole peeled tomatoes with their juice San Marzano tomatoes are good if you can find them
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 10 oz . can Rotel brand diced tomatoes with green chilies mild or original
- 2 -3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- Juice of 1 - 1 1/2 limes
- 1 jalapeno if small or 1/2 large chopped small ( a few seeds and membranes for more heat)
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves stems removed (more or less to taste)
In a food processor with the metal S blade, combine all of the ingredients and pulse or process until the desired consistency.
I process mine for a few minutes because I don't want it chunky, but that's up to you!